SBI Apprentice Recruitment 2020: Are you going to appear for SBI Engagement of Apprentices 2020? But always come up with various questions like where to start from, how to apply, fee structure, eligibility criteria etc. Then, this blog might be a saviour for you to end up cracking this exam with flying colours.
SBI Engagement of Apprentices Exam 2020
- SBI conducts every year an exam for the post of an apprentice for the graduates to take training for the banking sector.
- 8500 vacancies are open for eligible candidates from all over India.
- Every Indian citizen who qualifies the eligibility criteria can apply an online application from residing states.
Important Dates Related to SBI Apprentice Application Forms 2020
|Notification||19th November 2020|
|Application started on||20th November 2020|
|Last Date of Application & Fee Payment||10th December 2020|
|Exam Date||January 2021 (Tentative)|
SBI Apprentice Recruitment 2020 – Official Highlights
|Exam Regulating Authority||State Bank of India (SBI)|
|Post||Apprentice under the Apprentice Act, 1961|
|Age Limit||Min. 20 years & Max. 28 years|
|Qualification||Graduate from a recognized University/ Institute.|
|Selection Process||Stage1- Computer Based Test Stage2- Test of Local Language Stage3- Medical & Document Verification|
SBI Apprentice Recruitment Application Fee
- Rs 300/- for General/ OBC/ EWS
- Nil – for SC/ ST/ PWD
- Mode of Payment – Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Internet Banking
Also read… RRB Group D Level 1 Exam Date Out
SBI Apprentice Recruitment 2020 – Eligibility Criteria
|Age||Qualification||Points to remember|
|Minimum 20years & Maximum 28years |
Candidates must have born not earlier than 1.11.1992 & not later than 31.10.2000
Maximum age indicated is for unreserved and EWS candidates.
The upper age limit granted relaxation as per Government of India guidelines for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates.
|Candidates must be graduate from any recognised institute or university.||Apply only from one state & appear for the examination only once under this engagement project.|
Candidate should not have done any apprenticeship with any of the banking institutions.
No candidate holds any training or job experience of 1year or more after completion of graduation.
Online Application submitted incomplete consider as ineligible & rejected.
SBI Apprentice Recruitment 2020 – Vacancy Details
Following are the list of the number of SBI State-wise seats opening.
|States/Union Territory||Total no. of seats|
|Total No. Of Vacancy||8500|
Further, this table segregated among different categories :
- Scheduled Caste (SC)
- Scheduled Tribe (ST)
- Other Backward Classes (OBC)
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS)
- Unreserved Category (UR), Locomotor Disability (LD), Visually Impaired (VI), Hearing Impaired (HI) and D & E category.
Click to download SBI Notification PDF
NOTE: – Candidate can apply only from one state & appear for the examination only once under this engagement project.
SBI Apprentice Recruitment 2020 – Training & Stipend Details
- District-wise Training centres:
- Candidates required to choose any three preferred districts for the applied state in the online application form.
- SBI reserves the right to allot training seat in any of the district from the applied state.
- 3 years of Training Period.
- No guarantee of a permanent job for the candidates during the apprenticeship period & will be released after the completion of 3years tenure.
- Candidates should be willing to qualify the examination of IIBF(Indian Institute of Banking & Finance) during the apprenticeship.
Stipend during Apprenticeship :
|First Year||Rs 15,000/- per month|
|Second Year||Rs 16,500/- per month|
|Third Year||Rs 19,000/- per month|
No Allowances/ benefits allowed to the selected candidates other than stipend during 3years.
SBI Apprentice Recruitment 2020 – Exam Pattern
Stage 1- Online Written Examination (Multiple Type Question)
|Exam Date||January 2021 (Tentative)|
|Syllabus||General English (25 marks)Quantitative Aptitude (25 marks)Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude (25 marks)General / Financial Awareness (25 marks)|
|Marking||1 marks for each correct answer.1/4th marks deduction for each wrong answer.|
- Each question asked in the exam will be in Hindi & English both except for the subject General English test.
- No minimum qualifying marks for individual subject meanwhile candidate need to acquire minimum qualifying marks on an aggregate basis.
- For SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates, 5% of relaxation given on minimum percentage marks on aggregate by SBI.
- In case, more than one candidates score the same percentage of marks on the merit list then such candidate ranked as per their age in descending order.
Stage 2 – Test of Local Language
Following is the list of state or union territory with their respective language.
- Select one local language for the selected state.
- Undergo the test of knowledge for the specified language after qualifying online written examination.
- Expert in reading, writing, speaking and understanding the specified local language of the state.
- No need to give the test of local language if 10th or 12th standard mark sheet/ certificate indicating proof of study in the local language.
- The test will be conducted by the bank at the specified centres.
Stage 3 – Medical Examination
After qualifying two examinations, candidates need to declare themselves fit as per the requirement of the bank.
Guideline for scanned photo & signature
- Recent passport size colour photo.
- Dimensions 200 x 230 pixels (preferred) &File size between 20kb –50 kb for photograph.
- Dimension 140 x 60 pixels (preferred) & File size between between 10 kb – 20 kb for signature.
- Sign on white paper with a black ink pen before scanning.
Document Required During Examination.
- Passport/Aadhaar/ PAN Card/Driving License/Voter’s Card/Bank Passbook with duly attested Photograph/Identity Card issued by School or College/ Gazetted Officer in the official letterhead in original as well as a self-attested Photocopy thereof.
- Photocopy of Identity proof to be submitted along with call letter to the invigilator.
We hope this blog turns out to be a kick start for your bright future in Banking & Finance. We tried to jot down all the essential aspect of the exam through our blog.