- A military exercise is the employment of military resources in training for military operations.
- These exercises help in exploring the effects of warfare and testing the strategies without engaging in actual combat.
- Military exercises are based on a real-time application of the theoretical knowledge and therefore, are the highest form of military training.
- Military exercises can be: Internal, bilateral or multinational.
- The military exercises:
- Test the combat readiness of the armed forces.
- Helps in capacity building of the participating countries.
- Prepare commands and forces for operations in peace, crisis and conflict.
- Builds understanding between two militaries in terms of professionalism, procedures & processes, and the military ethos.
- Serve as an extension of military training for partner countries.
- Acts as a significant military diplomacy tool.
- Sharing of military training aspects through international military exercises is one of the most effective confidence-building measure (CBM) between partner countries.
List of bilateral military exercises of Indian Army:
List of Joint military exercises of Indian Army:
|3.||China||HAND IN HAND|
|17.||Sri Lanka||MITRA SHAKTI|
|23.||Multinational (ADMM Plus)||FORCE 18|
- The ADMM-Plus is a platform for ASEAN members and Partners to strengthen security and defence cooperation for peace, stability, and development in the region.
List of Joint military exercises of Indian Navy:
|3.||Brazil & South Africa||IBSAMAR|
|6.||Malaysia||IN-MN TABLE TOP|
|16||Multilateral Exercise by Brunei||ADMM+ Exercise|
|17||Multilateral Exercise by Indonesia||KOMODO|
|18||Multilateral Exercise by India||MILAN|
- CORPAT means Coordinated Patrol
List of Joint military exercises of Indian Air Force:
JOINT MILITARY TRAINING (JMT)
|9.||USA||RED FLAG (Multinational)|
|10.||Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka,|
- Indian Air Force participated for the first time in the International Exercise Pitch Black 2018. Exercise Pitch Black is a biennial three-week multi-national exercise conducted at RAAF Base Darwin and RAAF Base Tindal, Australia.
- Exercise Samvedna was a Multi-Lateral Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) exercise, organized by the Southern Air Command of IAF.
- In addition to joint exercises with other nations, The Indian Air force conducts inter-service exercises such as VAYU SHAKTI, GAGAN SHAKTI, IRON FIST, PRALAY SHYAM.
- India and the United States are set to hold their first tri-services exercise code-named “Tiger Triumph” at Visakhapatnam and Kakinada in November 2019.
For more updated content related to Current Affairs, History, Polity, Geography, Economics, Mathematics and General Sciences for various competitive examinations, follow us on https://www.radianbooks.in/