The Indian Navy – Short Service Commission (SSC) Officer Post for January 2021 course
Indian Navy is one of the three forces of India involved in the security and stability of the nation, the other two being the Indian Army and Indian Air force. Indian Navy has a threefold responsibility above the sea, on the sea and under the sea. Just Like the AFCAT examination, the Indian Navy is set to conduct an INET examination for unmarried Men and Women for SSC officer posts. Selected candidates would receive training from January 2021 at Indian Naval Academy (INA) Ezhimala, Kerala.
Opening of Forms – 29th November, 2019
Closing of Application – 19th December, 2019
Admit Card – Last week of January, 2020
Tentative Examination Date – February,2020
All you need to know about “how to fill the application”?
- First step is to register oneself on the Indian Navy website https://www.joinindiannavy.gov.in/
- Fill online e-application with personal, educational and other details as mentioned in the e-application form.
- Examination fees of Rs. 215/- is to be paid through online mode (SC/ST and Women candidates are exempted from payment of fees)
Who all are eligible candidates?
Candidates who all are graduated or in the final year of graduation and also fulfilling the following educational qualifications are necessary.
Age Limit: 20 to 25 years
Educational Qualification for INET examination
|S. No.||Branch/Cadre||Educational Qualification|
|1||SSC Naval Armament Inspectorate Cadre (NAIC)*||B.E/B. Tech from AICTE recognized institute with minimum 60% marks or Post Graduate degree in Electronics/Physics. Candidate must have an aggregate 60% score in class X and XII and 60% marks in English in class X or XII|
|2||SSC ATC||B.E/B. Tech from AICTE recognized institute with minimum 60% marks (Candidate must have aggregate 60% score in class X and XII and 60% marks in English in class X or XII)|
|4||SSC Pilot (MR)||-do-|
|5||SSC Pilot (other than MR)||-do-|
|6||SSC Logistics||· B.E/B. Tech from AICTE recognized institute with First Class Degree or · MBA with First Class or · B.Sc/B.com or B.sc(IT) first clas with PG Diploma in Finance/Logistics/Supply chain management/Material management or · MCA/M.Sc. (IT) with First Class|
|7||SSC X (IT)||B.E/B. Tech from AICTE recognized Institute with 60% marks in Computer Science/IT/Computer Engg/MCA/MSc. (computer)|
|8||SSC General Service(GX)/ Hydro Cadre||B.E/B. Tech in any discipline from AICTE recognized Institute|
|9||SSC Engineering Branch (General Service)*||B.E/B. Tech from AICTE recognized Institute with 60% marks|
|10||SSC Electrical Branch (General Service)*||B.E/B. Tech from AICTE recognized Institute with 60% marks|
|11||SSC Education*||i) First-class in M.Sc. (Maths/Operational Maths) with Physics in B.Sc. ii) First-class in M.Sc. (Physics/ Nuclear Physics) with Maths in B.Sc. iii) First-class in M.Sc. (Meteorology/Oceanology/Atmospheric Science) iv) B.E/B.Tech from AICTE recognized institute/ university with minimum 60% marks|
*For further details, download notification from the link given below https://www.joinindiannavy.gov.in/files/job_instructions/1574837963_84412.pdf
Total Vacancy – 144
|SSC Naval Armament Inspectorate Cadre (NAIC)||6|
|SSC Pilot (MR)||3|
|SSC Pilot (Other than MR)||6|
|SSC X (IT)||10|
|SSC General Service (GS/X)/ Hydro||30 (27+3)|
|SSC Engineering branch (GS)||26|
|SSC Electrical Branch (GS)||27|
- INET Examination – Two-hour duration Examination at the allotted center.
- Syllabus – English, Reasoning and Numerical Ability, General Science, Mathematical Aptitude, and General Knowledge.
- Exam Pattern – Each question consists of 25 questions each with a total of 100 marks for each section.
- +4 marks for the correct answer and negative 1 for every incorrect answer.
- Shortlisting for SSB
- Up to approximately 8000 candidates may be shortlisted for SSB procedure solely on the basis of INET Examination and choice of preference given by the applicant.
- SSB interviews will be conducted tentatively around April 2020 at Bengaluru, Bhopal, Vishakhapatnam, and Kolkata. (for SSB procedure visit www.joinindiannavy.gov.in)
- Medical Examination – refer to joinindiannavy.gov.in
- Merit List- Merit list will be generated after the completion of SSB interviews. The merit list would be based on the final SSB scores and INET examination scores.
How to clear INET examination?
INET examination is being conducted for the very first time by The Indian Navy. So there are neither any practice set nor any previous year paper available. But there is nothing to worry about as there is a sample paper available on the website which gives quite a decent idea of the important areas to be covered.
Radian books have prepared a set of 20 mock tests based on the syllabus and sample paper available on the website of the Indian Navy. This mock test gives a crystal clear idea of the INET examination.
There are many resources available online for you that can help you to prepare and excel in the examination. Resources such as study material, tutorials, mock tests, test series. One suchresource is radian books, where you can find all the study material and mock tests. For exam related queries visit www.radianbooks.in
For further details visit website https://www.joinindiannavy.gov.in/