Application has been released by Indian Air Force (IAF) to recruit Airmen in Group ‘X’ Trades (except Education Security Trade) and Group ‘Y’ Trades (except Indian Air Force Security and Musician). Interested applicants can register for posts online and read the information given below.
Detailed information on the recruitment process is given below, read the details before you apply:
IAF Airmen Recruitment 2021 – Important Dates
|IAF Events||IAF Dates|
|Notification posted||8th January 2021|
|Date to apply online||22nd January 2021|
|Last Date to apply online||7th February 2021|
|Online Exam||18th to 22nd April 2021|
|Publication of PSL||31st October 2021|
|Publication of enrollment list||10th December 2021|
IAF Airman Recruitment 2021 – Notification’s Highlight
|Exam Regulating Authority||Indian Air Force|
|Post||Airmen (Group X & Y)|
|Vacancies||Not Yet Declared|
|Applicant||Unmarried Indian Male Citizen|
|Selection Process||Phase I – Online Test|
Phase II – Document Verification, PFT & Adaptability test
Phase III – Medical Examination
|Official Site||https://indianairforce.nic.in/ or http://careerairforce.nic.in/index.asp?lang=1|
IAF Airmen Recruitment 2021 – Eligibility Criteria
|Group X (Except Education Instructor) Trades||Group Y ( Except IAF(S) & Musician) Trades||Group Y Medical Asst. Trade Only|
|Passed 10+2/ intermediate/ equivalent exam with Mathematics, Physics, and English from Educational Board as COBSE member, with min. 50% marks aggregate & 50% marks in English. |
Passed 3 years Diploma Course in any Engineering stream from any Polytechnic institution with 50% aggregate and 50% marks in English.
|Passed 10+2/ intermediate/ equivalent exam in any subjects/ stream in Central/ State Education Board as COBSE member, with min. 50% aggregate & 50% marks in English |
Passed 2 years vocational course from Education Board as COBSE member with min. 50% marks aggregate & 50% marks in English or Matriculation if English isn’t a subject.
|Passed 10+2/ Intermediate/ equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English from Educational Board as COBSE member with min. 50% aggregate and 50% marks in English.|
|Age Limit||Height||Chest & Weight|
|Candidates aged between 16th January 2001 and 29th December 2004 are eligible to apply.|
Upper age limit as on date of enrollment is 21 years.
|The Minimum acceptable height is 152.5 cm except for IAF (P) and Auto Tech trades. For IAF(P) trade- |
165 cm (For NE and Hill States)
175 cm (For other States)
For Auto Tech trade –
162.5 cm (For NE and Hill States)
165 cm (For other States)
|Chest: Minimum range of expansion: 5|
Weight: Proportionate to height and age. However, a minimum weight of 55 Kg required for Operations Assistant (ATS) Trade only.
IAF Airmen Recruitment 2021 – Salary Details
- During training, a stipend of Rs. 14,600/- per month shall be provided.
|Group X ( Except Education Instructor Trade)||Group Y ( Except IAF(S) & Musician Trade)|
|Rs. 33,100/- per month and allowance may increase as per career progression.||Rs. 26,900/- per month and allowance may increase as per career progression.|
IAF Airmen Recruitment 2021 – Selection Process
There are 3 phases for the recruitment process:
- Online test for both Group X and Group Y.
- Eligible candidates will be sent provisional Admit cards for the online test.
- The admit cards can be download by candidates under Candidates Login on CASB web portal www.airmenselection.cdac.in
|Group X||Group Y||Group X & Y|
|Total duration – 60 minutes |
Subject as per 10+2 CBSE syllabus: English Physics Mathematics
|Total duration – 45 minutes.|
Subject: English (as per 10+2 CBSE syllabus) Reasoning & General Awareness (RAGA)
|Total duration – 85 minutes|
Subject: English Physics Mathematics Reasoning & General Awareness (RAGA)
Marking pattern for online test
- One mark for every correct answer.
- No marks shall be provided for un-attempted questions.
- 0.25 marks shall be deducted for each wrong answer.
Candidates will be shortlisted for Phase II based on their performance in Phase I Online test.
- Shortlisted candidates will be sent a new admit card in their registered e-mail ids.
- The admit card can be downloaded from the web portal www.airmenselection.cdac.in
Step 1: Document Verification
Step 2: Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
The date shall be provided at designated Airmen Selection Centre (ASC) for Physical Fitness Test (PFT).
|1.6 KM Run||06 Minutes and 30 Seconds|
|10 Push-Ups||Within stipulated time|
|10 Sit-Ups||Within stipulated time|
|20 Squats||Within stipulated time.|
Step 3: Adaptability Test I (For both Group X & Group Y Trades)
- All candidates who pass the Physical Fitness Test (PFT) shall have to undertake Adaptability Test I (objective type written test)
- The test is to assess the suitability of a candidate for employment in the IAF which involves deployment in varied geographic terrain, weather and operational conditions.
Adaptability Test II (For both Group X & Group Y Trades)
- All candidates who pass Adaptability Test I shall have to undertake Adaptability Test II as per policy.
- Adaptability Test II is to select candidates who can adapt to the environment of the Indian Air Force and can adjust to the military way of life.
- Medical examination will take place at the designated Medical Boarding Centre (MBC) on the specified date.
- The medical examination shall be conducted by the Air Force Medical Team as per IAF medical standards and policy in vogue on subject issue.
|Medical Baseline Investigation:|
|Blood Haemogram – Hb, TLC, DLC|
|Biochemistry :-(i) Blood Sugar Fasting & PP (ii) Serum Cholesterol (iii) Urea, Uric acid, Creatinine (iv) LFT—Serum Bilirubin, SGOT, SGPT|
|X-Ray chest (PA view)|
|Tests for Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substance Abuse.|
|Any other test necessary in the opinion of the Medical Officer.|
IAF Airmen Recruitment 2021 – Application Fee
- Application Fee – Rs.250/-
- Payment by Debit Cards/ Credit Cards/ Internet Banking/ Challan payment at any Axis Bank Branch.
IAF Airmen Recruitment 2021 – Document Required
- Eight copies of unattested passport size colour photograph.
- Original and four self-attested photocopies of matriculation passing certificate.
- Original and four self-attested photocopies of matriculation marks sheet (only for three years diploma course holders).
- Original and four self-attested photocopies of NCC ‘A’, ‘B’ or ‘C’ certificate (if applicable).
- Original and four self-attested photocopies of Intermediate/10+2/equivalent examination passing certificate and marks sheet.
Steps to Apply Online for IAF Airmen Recruitment 2021
Direct Link to Apply
IAF Airmen Recruitment 2021 – Direct Link to Apply!
- Candidates who have not registered are requested to click the link to register.
- After signing up the details, a system-generated password will be sent to the registered email ID.
- Click on the above link to sign in.
- Fill in the details & proceed with an application fee.
- Click on submit.
Everyone wants to fight for their nation, nothing is better than serving your own dear country. Wish you luck with the recruitment process. Jai Hind.
Download PDF Notification
For further queries, check the OFFICIAL PDF NOTIFICATION and visit the official site. Click on to Download IAF Airmen Recruitment 2021 PDF NOTIFICATION.
Books by Radian Learning are just perfect for last-minute revisions in which the objective is to increase both speed and accuracy when answering MCQs. The books are available across Flipkart, Amazon, Kindle, and www.rsaggarwal.com, and brick-and-mortar bookstores also. To buy online, click any of the links below.