(1) The Birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda is celebrated as National Youth Day on this date in January.
(2) Swami Vivekananda founded the Ramakrishna Mission in Calcutta in this year.
(3) The 24th National Youth Festival was celebrated in India on this date.
January 12 to 16, 2021
(4) This was the theme of 24th National Youth Festival celebrated from January 12 to 16, 2021.
‘YUVAAH – Utsah Naye Bharat Ka’
(5) A committee under the chairmanship of Prasar Bharati CEO Shashi Shekhar Vempati, constituted to make the Television Rating Points (TRPs) of TV channels more transparent, submitted its report to this union minister.
Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar
(6) Indian Army Chief General Manoj Mukund Naravane announced that women will be inducted as pilots in this corps from next year.
Army Aviation Corps (AAC)
(7) Army Aviation Corps (AAC) was founded in the year.
(8) The Army Day is observed on this date in January.
(9) K.M. Cariappa became the first Indian Commander-in-Chief of the Indian Army in this year.
(10) This army officer was the last British Commander-in-Chief of Indian Army.
Sir Francis Robert Roy Bucher
(11) Retirement day of this Army Chiefs is observed as Veterans’ Day on January 14.
(12) This former chief election commissioner has authored a book titled “The Population Myth: Islam, Family Planning and Politics in India.
S. Y. Quraishi
(13) This noted social activist, known for social work in Cuttack, passed away on January 13, 2021, at the age of 63.
D. Prakash Rao
(14) This veteran journalist and Padma Shri awardee died in Vijayawada (AP) at the age of 87 on January 11, 2021.
Turlapati Kutumba Rao
(15) This country has the largest diaspora population in the world with 18 million people from the country living outside their homeland in 2020, according to the report ‘International Migration 2020 Highlights’ released by the UN in January 2021.
(16) India signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with this country to enhance cooperation in the field of Information and Communications Technologies.
(17) A 150-m tunnel constructed along the International Border (IB) to facilitate infiltration of terrorists into Jammu and Kashmir from Pakistan was detected in this district of J&K.
(18) This Indian company has signed an agreement with Precisa Medicamentos, a firm in Brazil, to supply the COVID-19 vaccine candidate to the Latin American country.
(19) Along with this country, India and South Korea have been invited as guest countries to the G7 Summit on June 11-13, 2021.
(20) G7 Summit will be held on June 11-13, 2021 in this country.
(21) Tenzin Lekphell of Bhutan has taken charge as the new Secretary-General of this regional organization comprising seven countries in the littoral and adjacent areas of the Bay of Bengal.
(22) Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) was established this year.
(23) These countries are the members of the Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC).
Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Myanmar and Thailand
(24) The Secretariat of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) is situated at this place.
(25) This Indian-American novelist and journalist, died at the age of 86 in US on January 9, 2021.
Ved Parkash Mehta
(26) According to the US constitution, this amendment can be invoked by the Vice-President to impeach the President.
(27) This ASEAN country declared a nationwide state of emergency till August 1 to fight a coronavirus surge.
(28) A 6.2-magnitude earthquake on this island of Indonesia killed at least 10 people in January 2021.
(29) Prime Minister of this European country with his entire Cabinet resigned to take political responsibility for a scandal involving investigations into child welfare payments that wrongly labeled thousands of parents as fraudsters.
(30) This Geneva-based UN body elected Fiji’s Ambassador Nazhat Shameem Khan its 2021 President.
UN Human Rights Council
(31) This European country has reported death of 29 people after receiving the Pfizer-BioNTech SE vaccine for Covid-19.
(32) Tribal Affairs Minister Arjun Munda virtually received this award conferred to the Ministry of Tribal Affairs for its IT-led initiatives and other transformational initiatives leading to outcome-based performance improvement.
SKOCH Challenger Award
(33) Ajay Bisaria is India’s High Commissioner to this North American country.
(34) These are the members of a committee of agricultural experts set up by the Supreme Court to facilitate talks between the Centre and farmers’ unions.
Ashok Gulati, Pramod Kumar Joshi and Anil Ghanwat
(35) This member of committee of agricultural experts set up by the Supreme Court has decided to take his name back after criticism among the farmers’ unions.
Bhupinder Singh Mann
(36) This member of the committee of agricultural experts set up by the Supreme Court is the former Director for South Asia, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
Pramod Kumar Joshi
(37) This member of the committee of agricultural experts set up by the Supreme Court is a noted agricultural economist.
(38) This member of the committee of agricultural experts set up by the Supreme Court is the President of Shetkari Sanghatana.
(39) This Startup India International Summit was organized by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) in January 2021.
(40) The Third Phase of this initiative was launched on January 15, 2021, in 600 districts across the country.
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
(41)This Indian e-commerce platform has figured in the 2020 Review of Notorious Markets for Counterfeiting and Piracy issued by the Office of the US Trade Representative.
(42) The Indian Army has signed a contract with ideaForge to procure high-altitude variants of these unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs).
(43) India’s first indigenous 9 mm Machine Pistol has been jointly developed by DRDO and the Indian Army. This name is given to this pistol.
(44) India’s first indigenous 9 mm Machine Pistol has been jointly developed by Indian Army and this arm of DRDO.
Armament Research & Development Establishment (ARDE)
(45) India’s first indigenous 9 mm Machine Pistol has been jointly developed by DRDO and this arm of Indian Army.
(46) DRDO’s Armament Research & Development Establishment (ARDE) is situated at this place.
(47) Indian army’s Infantry School is situated at this place.
(48) This paint developed by Khadi and Village Industries Commission was launched recently.
Khadi Prakritik Paint
(49) The Governor of this state launched a scheme to provide free coaching to civil services and other competitive examinations to 10,000 meritorious but financially poor students across the state.
(50) The Government has approved the appointment of Nikolai Snesarev of Belarus as coach of this Indian team.
(51) Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan released this full-scale national survey of scientific investigation of the health, economic, and social determinants and consequences of population ageing in India.
Longitudinal Ageing Study of India (LASI) Wave-1
(52) This online platform for monitoring COVID-19 vaccine delivery formed the foundation for the anti-coronavirus inoculation drive.
(53) As per the recommendations of an Empowered Expert Committee (EEC), under the Chairmanship of this former CEC, the UGC has given the status of Institutions of Eminence (IoE) to 10 Public institutions and 10 Private institutions of the country.
(54) These IITs are among the 10 Public institutions which are given Institutions of Eminence (IoE) status by the UGC.
IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Madras and IIT Kharagpur
(55) These universities are among the 10 Public institutions which are given Institutions of Eminence (IoE) status by the UGC.
Delhi University, University of Hyderabad, Jadavpur University, Anna University and BHU
(56) Jadavpur University, an Institution of Eminence (IoE), is situated at this city.
(57) Anna University, an Institution of Eminence (IoE), is situated at this city.
(58) BHU, an Institution of Eminence (IoE), is situated at this city.
(59) This world renowned institution at Bangalore is given Institutions of Eminence (IoE) status by the UGC.
Indian Institute of Science (IISc)
(60) This private Institution in Rajasthan is given Institutions of Eminence (IoE) status by the UGC.
(61) This private Institution in Karnataka with multiple branches across India, is given Institutions of Eminence (IoE) status by the UGC.
Manipal Academy of Higher Education
(62) This private Institution in Karnataka is given Institutions of Eminence (IoE) status by the UGC.
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham (Bangalore)
(63) This private Institution of Reliance Foundation in Maharashtra is given Institutions of Eminence (IoE) status by the UGC.
(64) This private Institution in Tami Nadu is given Institutions of Eminence (IoE) status by the UGC.
(65) This private Institution in New Delhi is given Institutions of Eminence (IoE) status by the UGC.
(66) This private Institution of Satya Bharti Foundation in Delhi is given Institutions of Eminence (IoE) status by the UGC.
(67) This private Institution in Odisha is given Institutions of Eminence (IoE) status by the UGC.
Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (Bhubaneswar)
(68) This private Institution in Haryana is given Institutions of Eminence (IoE) status by the UGC.
O.P JINDAL University
(69) This private Institution in Uttar Pradesh is given Institutions of Eminence (IoE) status by the UGC.
Shiv Nadar University
(70) Under this fund, the government has allocated Rs. 201.58 crore for installation of 162 dedicated PSA Medical Oxygen Generation Plants inside public health facilities in the country.
(71)The government has allocated Rs. 201.58 crore for installation of 162 dedicated PSA Medical Oxygen Generation Plants inside public health facilities in the country. This is the full form of PSA.
Pressure Swing Adsorption
(72) DRDO’s Combat Vehicles Research and Development Establishment (CVRDE) has developed ‘One Ton Retractable Landing Gear System’ for unmanned aerial vehicles. This is the name of this landing gear.
(73) The government has announced holding of this national-level voluntary online exam to generate interest about the indigenous cow and its benefits.
Kamdhenu Gau-Vignyan Prachar-Prasar Examination
(74) World Hindi Day is observed on this date in January.
(75) World Hindi Day marks the holding of the First World Hindi Conference in this Indian city in 1975.
(76) This was the theme of the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD) convention organised on January 9, 2021.
Contributing to Aatmanirbhar Bharat
(77) Former CM of this state, Madhavsinh Solanki (93) died on January 9, 2021.
(78) Madhavsinh Solanki’s only full term as chief minister was in.
(79) Congress leader and Former Gujarat CM Madhavsinh Solanki served as ___ Minister at the Centre.
(8o) Zeel Desai plays for India in this sport.
(81) Hicham Lakohi of Morocco won the men’s race at this Marathon in January 2021.
(82) Bob Brett (67) passed away on January 5, 2021. He was well-known for coaching famous players of this game.
(83) This country has decided to assist India by providing a loan of up to 30 billion yen for its efforts to mitigate socio-economic impacts of COVID-19 in India.
(84) The Virtual International Akhand Conference ‘EDUCON 2020’ was organised in January 2021 by this university in collaboration with the Global Educational Research Association (GERA).
Central University of Punjab
(85) Central University of Punjab is situated at this place.
(86) This Indian-American has taken over as the first Chief Information Officer of the US Army.
Dr Raj Iyer
(87) Pablo Cesar of Argentina, Prasanna Vithanage of Sri Lanka and Abu Bakr Shawky of Austria are well-known persons from this field.
(88) This BJP Rajya sabha MP is the author of the book ‘Himalayan Challenge: India, China and the Quest for Peace’.
(89) This country’s Foreign Ministry has raised $1 billion from global donors to fund vaccination campaigns against Covid-19 in developing countries.
(90) The Prime Minister dedicated this Indian Reference Material to the nation at the National Metrology Conclave 2021.
Bhartiya Nirdeshak Dravya (BND)
(91) Iran seized this South Korean-flagged tanker in the Strait of Hormuz in January 2021.
(92)This airline’s plane carrying 62 passengers and crew crashed into the Java Sea on January 9, 2021.
(93)A memorial dedicated to civilian victims of Sri Lanka’s civil war in 2009 was removed from this university causing unrest among the people.
(94) DRDO’s Defence Institute for Physiology and Allied Sciences (DIPAS) has developed this heating device for soldiers deployed in extreme cold weather conditions.
(95) This is the global economic growth projection for 2021 in World Bank’s Global Economic Prospects (GEP) report released in January 2021.
(96)This is India’s GDP growth forecast in 2020-21 as per government data released in January 2021.
(97) This ace fashion designer, known for giving the Indian saree a contemporary touch, passed away at the age of 79 on January 6, 2021 in Coimbatore.
(98) In 1980, ace fashion designer Satya Paul, known for giving the Indian saree a contemporary touch, launched the first saree boutique in India under this name.
(99)The Chief Minister of this state launched the Basera programme to give property rights to slum dwellers.
(100)This state has launched buses under ‘Bhraman Sarathi’ Scheme for women and senior citizens to travel within its capital city.
(101) Native to Kerala, this is considered the oldest surviving martial art of the country.
(102) Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan inaugurated Kalaripayattu Academy in this city.